• B Degree in Public Administration/Political Sciences/Social Sciences/Law or equivalent.
• A postgraduate qualification in fields related to public administration will be an added advantage.
• Certificate in Municipal Finance Management or Certificate Program in Municipal Development (CPMD) in line with Minimum regulations on competency level of 2007.
• Five years relevant experience at senior management level.
• Have proven successful institutional transformation within public or private sector
• The need to undergo security vetting.
• Valid driver’s licence and NO criminal record.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of relevant policy legislation
• Advanced understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management
• Advanced understanding of Council operations and delegated powers
• Good governance
• Audit and risk management establishment and functionality and
• Budget and finance management
• Ability to be an innovative and strategic leader.
• Good facilitation and communication skills in at least two of the three official languages.
Key Performance Areas:
• The overall management of the Municipality in order to ensure efficient and effective provision of services, promoting economic growth, facilitation social and economic development, and long term sustainability of the Municipality.
• The development and management of an economically effective, accountable administration which is equipped to implement the municipality’s integrated development plan, to operate in accordance with the municipality’s performance management system and to understand the needs of the local community.
• Perform all functions, duties and responsibilities as contained in the relevant local government legislations such as, but not limited to, The Constitution, MFMA Municipal Structures Act, Municipal Systems Act, Promotion of Administrative Act etc. Ensuring the streamlining of staff towards core basic service delivery.