The Rustenburg Local Municipality (RLM) has established a dispute office where all the account disputes will be resolved. ALL the disputes should ONLY be directed or send to the Office of the Municipal Manager.
Procedures to follow when lodging the dispute.
Customers are to dispute in writing to the Office of the Municipal Manager stating the following:
- account number to which the dispute relates
- specific amount(s) to which the dispute relates
- a detailed description of the dispute and the grounds upon which and the reasons why the dispute is being declared together with any supporting documents
- signatures of the consumer who/which is the account holder of the account to which the dispute relates.
- The redress by the consumer
- If the dispute is being declared by a person other than the account holder of the account to which the dispute relates, a power of attorney by the holder of the account to which the dispute relates authorising the person who declares the dispute to do so, which must accompany the written declaration of the dispute.
NB: Consumers are advised to NOT submit disputes to any other office to avoid the unnecessary delays.
The Office of the Municipal Manager will respond back to the consumer within 21days.
The Dispute Officer can be found at office number 23 on the ground floor of missionary Mpheni House (C/O Bayers Naude and Mandela Drive) and contacted on 014 590 3235.